.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

kHSw

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

HP Deskjet 5150 on Vista

I had some big issues installing my HP Deskjet 5150 on Vista. On my portable running Vista Business, I could follow the instructions on http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00808478&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=304431&lang=en  to install an alternate driver.

On my desktop Windows Vista Home Premium was installed, but I needed remote desktop support (and RealVNC didn't work very well) so I upgraded to Vista Ultimate.

When trying to install my printer, HP (or Hewlett Packard) was not in the list of manufacturers! I contacted HP support and they told me something must have gone wrong during the upgrade process. I really didn't feel like formatting my PC and starting all over. My printer was working fine for pure text, but images and PDF's didn't print (except some dots and lines).

For days I tried to get my printer working. I even copied the drivers-folders from my portable to my desktop, but no gain.

Today I browsed the HP website to see if they supplied drivers for the newest printers, released after the final version of Windows Vista. And there I found a HP Basic Driver for all flavours of Windows Vista, you can download it from http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?os=2093&softwareitem=dj-46093-3&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=1827327&lang=en .

I installed the driver for the HP Photosmart D7300 series and now my Deskjet 5150 is working fine, although a little bit slower than with the appropriate drivers. But at least it prints again...

6 Comments:

  • thanks for this. Solved my 5150 vista problmes. pity hp and microsoft were not so forthcoming.

    borgia

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:20 AM  

  • HP is the culprit, why does it have to take so much time to release drivers? I'll never buy a HP printer again...

    By Blogger kHSw, at 11:03 AM  

  • Finally, HP has released a basic driver for Windows Vista!

    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?os=2093&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=304431&lang=en

    By Blogger kHSw, at 2:43 PM  

  • Hi
    I have a question - after installing the general driver for Vista, when I plugged the printer in the software is looking for the driver online. It's been doing for several minutes now. and it does not look like it's finding anything. Any suggestions on how to proceed?

    Michalina

    By Blogger Unknown, at 4:55 PM  

  • Thanks for the tip! Printer works again! Bye.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:18 PM  

  • Thanks so much. It worked great for me.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Stefanie Worm is het liefste vrouwtje van de wereld.
Melina is de liefste schatsie van de wereld (Erik De Maeyer).