.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

kHSw

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Design a MOSS 2007 workflow locally

After installing Microsoft Office Sharepoint Designer (MOSD) 2007 on my client I tried to create a workflow on a remote Microsoft Office Sharepoint Server (MOSS) 2007 server. I connected to the Sharepoint server using MOSD but when I tried to create a workflow I got the error message 'The list of workflow actions on the server references an assembly that does not exist. Some actions will not be available. The assembley strong name is Microsoft.SharePoint.WorkflowActions, Version=12.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublickeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c. Please contact your server administrator.' .

Using the
Sysinternals Filemon tool, I discovered MOSD was looking for that assembly on the local machine (and not on the server as stated in the error message). I copied the assembly from the GAC of the server to my local GAC, and that error was gone.
However, I could not create a new workflow:
'Failed to load the workflow'.

I did install some other Office 2007 products so installed the
Technical Refresh for beta 2. Big mistake! The menu-items of MOSD were completely screwed up...
File > New > Page
was now looking like
0,0 > elete MailerExpand MailerSend MailReplyReply
AllForwardGrammar...Not ApplicableCloseText to/from TableInsert T > Refresh


I tried removing, reinstalling, cleaning the registry, cleaning the filesystem, reinstalling, ... no luck however. So I decided to restore my system to the restoration point I created before installing MOSD.

In the meantime I had stumbled upon a page starring a
technical refresh for MOSD only. I reinstalled MOSD (I did not reinstall any other Office component) and ran the technical refresh on this product. And now I'm about to create my first workflow using MOSD ;-)

4 Comments:

  • I'm having the same problem and was wondering exactly how to copy the assembly from the GAC of the server to my local GAC?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:17 PM  

  • You can find an instance of the assembly on the server and drop it on your local GAC.
    You can copy files right out of the GAC by using the good old DOS-box...

    By Blogger kHSw, at 10:51 PM  

  • Would the Beta 2 TR take care of both error messages so we shouldn't have to copy the GAC from the server? Or we'll have to first copy the GAC and the run TR?

    By Blogger Sen, at 6:20 PM  

  • The link to MOSD technical refresh-EN version is broken. It seems that other languages have it available?

    By Blogger Sen, at 11:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Stefanie Worm is het liefste vrouwtje van de wereld.
Melina is de liefste schatsie van de wereld (Erik De Maeyer).