.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

kHSw

Monday, April 09, 2007

Strange characters when Pinging

Today I received a PC of a customer with a huge history of virus and spyware infections. It was impossible to connect the PC to a network.

I ran
AVG Antivirus Free and AVG Antispyware Free to remove the remainders of the unwanted software, but still no network access. When I tried to ping my router and I got some strange characters in the output window.

As usual, Google served the answer and pointed to
Microsoft Knowledgebase Article 817571. Method 1 restored the network functionality.

3 Comments:

  • Thank you very very much.

    Thant works for me to.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:56 AM  

  • Ken, do you have contact details?
    Michael
    michael.finlan@superfandango.com

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:22 PM  

  • Method 1 worked:microsoft Article:299357
    Windows xp media center, issue:after spyware/malware,damaged norton internet security.
    Could ping router, but no http & dns.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Stefanie Worm is het liefste vrouwtje van de wereld.
Melina is de liefste schatsie van de wereld (Erik De Maeyer).