.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

kHSw

Wednesday, August 04, 2004

Installing the Labtec Keyboard-Desktop Software

I recently bought a Labtec Internet Keyboard.
Installing the software (version 1.0) for the keyboard (quick-launch-buttons) was a real nightmare.
On the installation screen I was unable to select a language, pressing the Next button twice produced a messagebox telling me the drive I ran the installation from, followed by a nice error:
Break 1 - RV_ERR_OPEN_FILE

I mailed the helpdesk, a friendly guy replied that same day, but his solution didn't work. So I did some testing myself and found a working solution:

- Copy the setup files to your harddisk
- Edit the appropriate
Setup.P(OS), depending on the OS you're using (for example Setup.PXP for Windows XP)
- In this ini-file, the value for
Product Name is empty
- Set the value of this key to the same value of the
Product Company key (Labtec Keyboard-Desktop Software)
-
Save this file
- Happy installing!

I mailed this solution to Labtec, so I hope this bug is fixed in the next release.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Stefanie Worm is het liefste vrouwtje van de wereld.
Melina is de liefste schatsie van de wereld (Erik De Maeyer).