.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

kHSw

Wednesday, August 04, 2004

Strange random errors on Brinkster

I'm using Brinkster for hosting some of my web-applications. They are providing a nice free service.
But sometimes you get weird random errors. Errors that don't show up on other servers and that have nothing to do with your code, like the connection that can't be opened, updates that can't be executed, ...
When you refresh the page, everything works well. So I always add a two small blocks of code to my pages (code that passes the Brinkster-code-checker).

On top of my page I use:
On Error Resume Next

At the end of my page there's:
If Err.Number <> 0 Then
Response.Redirect Request.ServerVariables("URL")
End If

If one of these random errors appears, the page will be reloaded.
Be careful to add this after you are sure you're page itself is completely error-free...

2 Comments:

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger kHSw, at 3:24 PM  

  • In the meanwhile I switched to http://www.espinda.com

    Cheap, reliable and fast!!

    By Blogger kHSw, at 3:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Stefanie Worm is het liefste vrouwtje van de wereld.
Melina is de liefste schatsie van de wereld (Erik De Maeyer).