.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

kHSw

Saturday, November 19, 2005

Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Setup failed because of J# Beta

Some days ago, I received the .NET Framework 2.0 when I visited the Windows Update website.
However, the installation failed with errorcode 0x1011. Unfortunately, I didn't had time then to have a look at what could be wrong.
Today I did some 'Googling' and I had to remove all software related to the Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Beta. I uninstalled these programs, downloaded the Redistributable Runtime and ran setup again.
Setup told me I had to uninstall Microsoft Visual J# Redistributable Package 2.0 Beta 2, but I really did uninstall this product.

I took a dive in the registry and removed the first key I found with J# in it's name (HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products\269B6AFFE362EAC47817CF0EF198FF00).
Removing this key allowed my to install the Framework...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Stefanie Worm is het liefste vrouwtje van de wereld.
Melina is de liefste schatsie van de wereld (Erik De Maeyer).